First of all, Happy New Year everyone! I hope you are feeling optimistic about the new year and feel relaxed after the holiday season.
In this blog post I’m going to talk about a new game prototype I have been working on. You can download an apk of my progress here: prototype.apk(18mb)
I’ve been working on this puzzle game idea sporadically over the past few months and I’m pleased to share some progress with you. I’ve programmed a few simple rules and a level editor, and have been doing most of my level design on paper. Over the last few days of the year, I finally programmed a few levels into the game.
I’d love to hear what you think. Particularly, I’d like to hear feedback on:
- Were the rules clear? Did you get stuck on any of the early levels?
- Which levels did you find particularly puzzling?
- Did you find any levels boring?
Below is a list of known issues / work in progress
- UI is very placeholder: coins and hint buttons do nothing
- ‘Zen’ levels not ready – button disabled
- You will pass with a blue (pass) or purple (perfect) star. Occasionally, the game awards an incorrect star.
Download link: prototype.apk(18mb)